Monday, September 8, 2008

Jamison's First Day at his New Pre-School

We were expecting the worst; crying, whining, wet snotty shirts from him wiping his nose all over... but what we got was a smile. A smile so bright it could light up the sky. Jamison loves his new pre-school.

I arrived with him, planning on staying the whole day as usual with any therapy that we do... But when I left the room to observe how he responded to me not being there, he didn't even notice... he continued playing and enjoying his trains for a half an hour before returning to the room that I was in. I was in shock and so was his therapist. We decided that I could leave and be "on-call" in case of an emotional emergency; but that call never came. I had my first "literal" day off in 2 1/2 years. I could barely even figure out what to do?! Shopping without my little man, coming home to an empty house?? This isn't normal!! I enjoyed my day, but did miss him so much. I missed his little smiles and his cute little spinning.

Well, his day was full of adventure and fun. Jamison got to enjoy snack time and lunch time with the other children, he didn't eat what they were served, but did find it so nice to look and watch all of the other children eat.






















Jamison enjoyed recess outside in the yard. They have a beautiful little playground set up with all sorts of fun things for him to do. He particularly loved to "mow" the lawn with the bubble lawn mower, and swing on the swing set. Afterwards, I arrived with his OT and we had "Jamison Lunch Time" Kelly the OT, Barbara the IBI Therapist and I all sat down for lunch together with him. He did pretty well... he tried eating his yogurt with his fruit stick, so that was a pleasant surprise!

So, all in all... it was a fun filled day with all new adventures for Jamison. I'm so happy with his new Therapists and more so that he just loves it there... I'm just waiting to see how much he loves it when they actually start putting more demands on him... maybe not so much!! Thank you for keeping up with Jamison's progress... and always check back for more. They may be few and far in between, but they will keep coming.

Lots of Love Always,
Shelly

1 comment:

Gavin King said...

That's a cute picture of Jamison... Sounds like a great first day.

- Steve