Monday, January 26, 2009

Imitating Mommy!

Jamison is starting to understand simple commands! Today I said "Come on let's go!" and he ran to follow me to the door to go to Therapy!! It's amazing how wonderful these therapists are doing with him. I never would have thought last year that he would be where he's at today.

Also, tonight Jamison and I did so much imitating! He imitated me touching his head, arm and leg. I still can't get him to do nose, but he will touch his head instead!


I'm so blessed to have such wonderful Therapists to work with him. His progress is nothing short of amazing, so make sure you keep checking in on his blog!

2 comments:

Teags said...

Hi my name is Tegan and I'm from Longford in Tasmania, Australia. Today I found out that my eldest son, my beautiful boy Xander has Potocki-Lupski Syndrome. While I have been assured that this won't be detrimental for him, he'll just be delayed in some areas, I have no idea what I should or shouldn't be doing and looking out for to help him with his everyday life. Any advice?

::Shelly:: said...

The best advise I can give anyone about PTLS is that every child is different. My son, who has many difficulties may be better or worse than your child at many things. The only thing I know for sure is that one-on-one therapy has made a world of difference for my son. He is starting to do things that I never imagined he would just a few months ago. Make sure you have a huge support team, for your child, and yourself!! And love them, they truly are little blessings!

Email or Call me anytime. I'm almost always available! -Shelly.