Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Jamison's Progress

Jamison's progress may seem small to some, but the change I've seen in him is quite remarkable. As of today, Jamison is currently signing: more, all done, and milk (which he uses in general for his bottle) He's seeming to understand even more signs like: put shoes on, come here, and sometimes stop.
He's interacting so much more with other peers, and adults also. He's doing pretend play at the kitchen setup they have at school. He enjoys being held and helped by all of his therapists, sometimes he even hugs them just for the heck of it!

Who is this little boy? Honestly, it's easy to forget what it was like just 1 month ago... Cried when anyone held him except for mom and grandma, could not communicate in any way. Didn't mind, but wasn't interested in his peers... wasn't eating basically anything...

Now I have been blessed with 3 things it seems, my sweet little angel Jamison, his wonderful new school, and the amazing IBI therapists, Occupational Therapist and Physical Therapist that have probably the hardest and most rewarding job of all. There is something to be said about these people that have devoted their time and effort into making my little guy the most he can be, despite his cries to just run around in circles and flap!

I don't know if I tell these amazing women enough just how much of a blessing they are to my whole family.

Thank you Ellison for your persistence and willingness to let Jamison have fun but still provide him with what he needs! You really are wonderful.

Thank you Kelly! Oh so much! You not only helped Jamison, you gave me the peace of mind that I have wanted for so long. You have literally changed my life and gave me the courage to tell people, "No, maybe he'll eat it next year!" Instead of feeling like I had to force feed my son so people would leave us be. All the time letting me sob about everything and being so sweet and such a good listener! That in its self helped so much!

Thank you Barbara, Katie and Raydene!! There are no words that could even begin to express how thankful and blessed we are to have you all. You have not only changed my sons life, but mine and people that you may or may not ever meet... everyone in my life is touched by the amazing work that you do. The coffee and the praise could never repay you all bringing my son to life like you have.





I am the luckiest parent in the world, and it has so much to do with the support that Jamison and I both have. Please remember to keep up on Jamison's progress! Soon enough you'll be seeing pictures from Halloween and his Birthday!! YAY!

No comments: